Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Strawberry Banana Green Smoothie

Sometimes in the morning I do not have much of an appetite, but I am hungry...just nothing sounds good. (yes, even being 8 months pregnant!)  So, I decided to make a green smoothie this morning and it was amazing! I LOVE spinach and arugula in my smoothies, I know it sounds a little weird if you haven't tried it...but trust me, it really is so good! Just give it a try. This smoothie is pretty healthy, no added sugars...just fresh fruit and some veggies and a little milk. You can add anything you like and make it your own.


YUM!!
Ingredients:
- 1 banana
- 3 or 4 strawberries
- a couple handfuls of baby spinach & arugula
- about a cup of milk
- handful of ice

Mix all ingredients together in a blender and that's it! 

The arugula and spinach gives it such a nice, fresh and spicy taste. I can't tell you enough how much I love this green smoothie!! Leaves me feeling great and refreshed. (Unlike some days when I eat a egg and cheese biscuit or other fatty foods for breakfast, that leave me feeling sluggish and tired all morning.)

No comments:

Post a Comment