Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Spicy Spaghetti

This is my simple spicy spaghetti recipe. When I say simple...I mean it, because I use (gasp) store bought sauce! Yes, I use Ragu...I have always loved the flavor of it and I just add some meat, spices and fresh onion to it to make a yummy, spicy and flavorful sauce. Every time I make this spaghetti it's a huge hit with all my family and friends. I've had a lot of requests to post my recipe. So, here it goes y'all...very good and super simple!


Ingredients:
- 1 jar Ragu sauce (any flavor is fine but my favorite is the sautéed onion and garlic)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- garlic salt
- season salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp sugar
- crushed red pepper


Sauté your ground beef in pot, until brown. Drain excess fat and set aside.


Add a little olive oil to same pot, add chopped onion and a sprinkle of garlic salt, season salt and black pepper. Sauté on medium high heat for about 10 to 15 minutes, you want to caramelize them and get a nice golden brown color.


Like this.


Add cooked meat back to pot and pour in Ragu sauce. I've never measured my seasonings before but since I'm blogging and sharing my recipes, I'm trying to be more exact and better about measuring. So, I added about 3/4 tbsp of garlic salt, 3/4 tbsp season salt, 1 tbsp sugar, 1/2 to 1 tsp crushed red pepper and a good sprinkle of freshly ground black pepper (did not measure that). You can adjust seasonings and crushed red pepper to your taste. If you like super spicy, add more. Just be careful...the longer the sauce sits and simmers in pot, the hotter it gets.


Bring to a light boil, cover and reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 30 minutes to an hour, stirring occasionally. 


Serve with your choice of noodles. My favorite with spicy spaghetti sauce is angel hair. What's yours? :) And of course, you can't forget the crusty, garlic bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment