Friday, October 26, 2012

Low Carb Pizza

I found this recipe on pinterest...and although I am not really "watching" what I am eating right now, I just had to try this really low carb pizza. I had everything on hand today, so I made this "pizza" for lunch. The crust does not really harden enough to get crisp, so be prepared to eat it with a fork. Other than not being able to hold it and eat it like regular pizza, it was actually really good and something different; especially if you are craving pizza and trying to cut some carbs out of your diet!


Ingredients:
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- garlic salt
-  black pepper
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup pizza sauce (I used Ragu spaghetti sauce)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- pepperoni slices
*Or any toppings you perfer

Mix together cream cheese and eggs. Add a little garlic salt, pepper and the parmesan cheese, stir together until well combined. Pour into a greased 13x9 baking dish.


 Bake at 350' for 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes, before adding remaining ingredients.


Spread pizza sauce on cooled 'crust'. Top with mozzarella cheese and pepperoni slices.


Put back into oven at 400' and bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is nice and bubbly.


It was so yummy and very satisfying if you are wanting some pizza, without all the carbs and bread! Definitely one of my new favorite healthy recipes!

*If you are trying to watch your fat intake as well, I'm sure this recipe would be just as good and even more healthy with low fat cream cheese, low fat mozzarella cheese and turkey pepperoni.

No comments:

Post a Comment