Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Icing

 
I bought this Pillsbury Halloween cake mix the other day at Target. As I was getting ready to bake cupcakes last night, I decided I wanted them to have a pumpkin flavor...so I just added some pumpkin pie spice to the cake mix and they came out wonderful! Since I was having pumpkin spice cupcakes, I thought to tweak the icing a bit too. So, I added a little cream cheese and cinnamon to the store bought icing and it turned out just as I wanted, YUMMY and Fall-ish!

 
Ingredients:
- 1 package Pillsbury funfetti cake mix (box calls for, 3 eggs, 1/3 cup vegetable oil, 1 cup water)
- 1 container Pillsbury frosting
- pumpkin pie spice
- 4oz cream cheese, softened
- cinnamon
 
Prepare cake mix according to box. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of the pumpkin pie spice. Pour mix into cupcake/muffin tin...I bought some really cute halloween cupcake liners also at Target. Bake according to box. (I always undercook, 1 to 2 minutes for a more soft, moist cupcake)
 
For the icing, I added 1/2 a package of softened cream cheese (4oz) and 1 to 2 tablespoons of cinnamon.
 
Let cupcakes cool completely, then spread your icing on top. The icing comes with some sprinkles...but I really don't care for the taste of them, so I left them off and sprinkled a bit of cinnamon on top just for looks. Super easy store bought mix, just fancied up a bit! ENJOY!
 
Photo
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment