Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Drew's Birthday Weekend

Meet my handsome husband, Drew. (Gosh, I love this man!) He just had his 27th birthday over Labor Day weekend. Great husband and a wonderful dad!


We celebrated with some family and had a little cookout. The food was amazing, so I wanted to share a few photos of this mouthwatering menu! Drew insisted on grilling the steaks, even on his own birthday. I guess he's the master of his grill, which is fine by me, because that is one thing I am not good at when it comes to cooking...maybe one day! Hmm, no actually I think I'll leave that to him. (there's got to be some things a girl "can't" do)  :)


Grilled beef tenderloin


Twice baked potatoes

Green bean bundles

Fried okra

Layered salad

And last, but not least, buttered rolls

One word: SCRUMPTIOUS! 



This right here is the cute little golf cake I made for Drew! I am not much of a cake decorator by any means. (unlike my mother in law, which makes BEAUTIFUL cakes by the way!) But, I think she was even proud of this cake I made. It was very easy to make, ill share it with you soon.


This is my sweet son, Christian, enjoying some birthday cake.










And here is my sweet little girl, Isla, also loving that birthday cake.








We had a WONDERFUL weekend! I love getting to spend great quality time with my family! Hope you all had a great Labor Day weekend as well. 

2 comments:

  1. you'll have to give up the layered salad recipe! It all looks yummy!! :) I am making your roast this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure will share the layered salad recipe, it is my favorite...soo good! Thanks, hope you enjoy the roast!

    ReplyDelete