Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Homemade Butterfingers

I have recently become obsessed with Pinterest, I know I am a little late hopping on this band wagon. But, this is where I found these amazingly simple, yet SO tasty homemade butterfingers. With only THREE ingredients! I LOVE fall, it is my favorite time of the year! From football, crisp cool air, pumpkin spice lattes, spiced candles, scarves, boots, Halloween...all the way through Thanksgiving and Christmas; I could go on and on I just love it all! Anyways, where I was going when I got off track with my obsession of Fall was, I was looking for some fun treats that were fall and Halloween-ish; that's when I found these cute little butterfingers. So, I had to make them and you will too!



Ingredients:
- 1 lb candy corn
- 16 oz peanut butter
- milk chocolate chips


This is the measurements of what the recipe called for. I actually made just half a batch. Using only 8 oz of peanut butter and 1/2 bag of candy corn. So, depending how many you want to make, it's up to you.

Start, by melting your candy corn in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until it's melted and smooth. It took me about 1 1/2 minutes. Stir in the peanut butter until mixed well and smooth, heating 10 to 15 seconds if needed.

Line an 8x8 inch pan with wax paper. Pour mixture in prepared pan. Place in freezer for 15 to 20 minutes until firm. 

Cut into squares. Or break into messy chunks like I did.

Melt chocolate chips in microwave in 30 second intervals. Then dip your squares into the chocolate or drizzle some on top, however you want. I just smeared some chocolate on top. Put back in freezer for about 15 minutes and allow to firm.



No comments:

Post a Comment