Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Cream Cheese Pound Cake

I do not have much of a sweet tooth...I know some of you are thinking weird, right? I don't care for icing and such, it's just too sweet for me. However, this cream cheese pound cake is to die for. It is SO good and moist! As well as super easy to make.


Ingredients:
- 3 sticks butter, softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups cake flour (I prefer Swan's) Don't ask "why cake flour?", that's just how my mom taught me and what she says goes. :)
- 6 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 325'
Using electric mixer, cream butter and cream cheese together until smooth. Add sugar and mix until light and fluffy.
Add eggs one at a time, alternating between an egg and some flour, beating well after each addition.
Add the vanilla. Beat together for 2 to 3 minutes on low, until well blended and smooth.


The batter is the best part! Sometimes, I let my kids have a taste, but I usually save the beater for me. :)


Pour your yummy batter into a greased and floured bundt pan. Bake at 325' for 1 hour and 25 minutes. You can also do the toothpick test and if it comes out clean, your cake is ready. 
Cool cake in pan for 20 minutes. Turn cake out onto rack or cake plate to cool completely.



It is so yummy by itself, but is also extra good with some sliced strawberries and whipped cream on top! ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment