Friday, August 31, 2012

Beef Stroganoff

My husband and I love beef stroganoff! This version is super simple to make. We grill steaks at least once a week in our home and we usually cook a little too much; so we always have leftover steak. And that's where this easy beef stroganoff recipe came about. Plus the flavor of the mouth watering grilled steaks add so much deliciousness to this dish. 


P.S. On some of my recipes, mostly the ones I just throw together, I am really bad about measuring. I usually just put a little here, taste and put a little there, taste some more. Sorry if it's not all exact, but I'm sure it will always turn out good. :) So, just bare with me, please and thank you!

Ingredients:
- leftover steak, sliced thin (about a pound)
- 1 onion sliced
- olive oil
- butter
- beef broth or better than bouillon beef base
- 2 tbsp flour
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper
- garlic salt
- egg noodles

Heat 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp butter in large skillet. Saute onion on medium heat til translucent and has a little golden brown color.
Add sliced steak and saute for a few minutes. Add salt, garlic salt and pepper to taste.
Add 1 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp flour, stir together and brown a couple minutes.
Add 1 1/2 cups of water and 1 tbsp beef base. (or beef broth)

This is Better Than Bouillon Beef Base. This stuff is amazing! I have the chicken base as well. You can get it at the grocery store, on the aisle next to all the other chicken and beef broths. They are a staple in my refrigerator! 


Bring to a boil for a few minutes, then reduce to a simmer for about 15 minutes.
Add 3/4 to 1 cup of sour cream, however much you prefer.
Serve over buttered egg noodles.
It's that easy and so very tasty!






No comments:

Post a Comment